So, I worked at the NOAHH Warehouse yesterday... wooooweee! Habitat NOLA is in the process of inventorying everything in the warehouse, while also preparing to move from one warehouse to another. They needed help. I delivered.
My day began with an hour drive to the warehouse, during which comments like "WOW, you guys do this EVERY DAY?" were made. At the warehouse, there was a lot of "YOU drive THAT?" while pointing at the forklift, and "you weren't kidding about the dusty warehouse!" as my once black boots turned gray. Half of the group left the warehouse to make a delivery and then begin preparations at the new warehouse, while Jess, Aaron, Hank and I stayed back to count... again. The boys took over the lumber section as Jess and I tackled thousands of pounds of cement and mortar (ending in a bruised finger), hundreds of sheets of drywall, shingles, OSB board, and, the bane of my existence, insulation. We sorted R-19 from R-21 and R-13 F75 from R-13 M90, and so on and so forth. This means nothing to you, right? Me either. All it really means is that for hours on end I was trapped, counting, in a maze of itchy, lung-destroying insulation. At least now they know how much they've got!
Needless to say, the warehouse is a complete 180 from the office. I was constantly busy, and VERY exhausted by the time 3:00 rolled around.
How jealous can I make you?
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment